Food safety failures in food and beverage equipment are a recurring problem, and bearing units are a potential accumulation point for harmful bacteria. In response, manufacturers are using hygienic design principles to create food safe bearing units.
Hygienic design helps food and beverage providers achieve food safety, performance, cost and/or sustainability goals.
The whitepaper discusses:
- How hygienic design helps prevent contamination
- The effects different materials have on food safety
- The importance of sealing and surface geometry
- The results of performance tests by the Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE)
- The experiences of companies already using the new food safe bearing units